Monday, July 01, 2013

Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft 'Take the Challenge' July 2013

Hi everyone, welcome to the seventh 'Take the Challenge' of 2013!

I have started a challenge series over at the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft blog. I think you might enjoy participating in this challenge. I'll be posting the challenges here on my blog, but to win prizes you'll need to link you creations in your comments on the Design Memory Crafts blog to my challenge post.

Every month, on the first Monday, I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. The following Monday, we will pick TWO winners randomly from among the readers who participated in that week's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.

It's summer! No school, no homework, no bedtime, no alarm clock in the morning... life's good! Summer is also the time of vacation travel, road trips, etc. Whether you are packing your bags and getting on a jet plane or exploring your hometown or just soaking up the summer sun in your own pool, you can muse about a favorite destination.

Today's challenge is about making something about your most favorite destination.

One of my most favorite destinations is Paris. And here's an art journal page about that experience.



I used Gel medium to attach and seal diecuts and embossed pieces on the page. Once the medium dried, I applied a thin coat of Gesso. I colored the page with my favorite colors of Gelatos to color the background and then blended the colors with the Mix & Match Deluxe Water brush. In some places I let the wet colors drip down. Over some areas I applied more Gesso with palette knife from the Gelatos Tool Set. I stenciled using various colors of Stamper's Big Brush pens and traced some with PITT Artist's pens. I also stamped on the background a bit using Stamper's Big Brush pens.
Here are some closer looks at the page.



I hope you too will take this creative challenge!

Don't forget to share your challenge creations with us... just leave a comment to the challenge post at the Design Memory Craft blog with link to your project image(s) by Friday, 7/12 and we will pick TWO winners randomly to win these.

The prizes for this challenge is: One set of Gelatos® in the colors of your choice, and a Gelatos Tool Set

 Don't forget to check back on Monday, 7/15  to see if YOU won!

1 comment:

Milagros C. Rivera said...

Awesome challenge!!!love the inspiration!!!