Monday, June 03, 2013

Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft 'Take the Challenge' June 2013

Hi everyone, welcome to the sixth 'Take the Challenge' of 2013!

I have started a challenge series over at the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft blog. I think you might enjoy participating in this challenge. I'll be posting the challenges here on my blog, but to win prizes you'll need to link you creations in your comments on the Design Memory Crafts blog to my challenge post.

I feel that creative challenges help us experiment and learn new things. Challenges can help us get unstuck from creative ruts. They can also inspire us to create in ways we would not have thought of otherwise. So, I decided to take a few creative challenges myself and thought you might like to play along.

Every month, on the first Monday, I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. The following Monday, we will pick TWO winners randomly from among the readers who participated in that week's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.

It's the end of the school year. 2013 is almost half way through for all of us. In this time, we have all learned one thing or another. What one important lesson have you learnt this year so far or what one theme has stood out for you?


Today's challenge is about making something about that lesson.

 

I have been learning too, some through my kids, some through work, some from everyday life. Here's what I created--an art journal page made with some of my favorite Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products.



First I coated the page with Gesso. Then rubbed Banana from the 50's Diner set and Watermelonfrom the Tropical Gelatos on the pages and blended the colors with the Mix & Match Deluxe Waterbrush.


I inked up a background stamp with Pink Madder Stamper's Big Brush pen and stamped on the background. I let some of the Gelato colors drip down.



I added my journaling with Pink Madder Stamper's Big Brush pen and Black PITT Artist pen. Finally, I doodled a bit on the pages with Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils
I hope you too will take this creative challenge!

Don't forget to share your challenge creations with us... just leave a comment to the challenge post at the Design Memory Craft blog with link to your project image(s) by Friday, 6/14 and we will pick TWO winners randomly to win these.

The prizes for this challenge are: TWO sets of Gelatos® in the colors of your choice.

Don't forget to check back on Monday, 6/17  to see if YOU won!

1 comment:

Meihsia Liu said...

Hi, Mou, these are such great journal pages! Love the delightful colors. ^_^