Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Woodgrains, Glitz Design Style

Did you know that Glitz Design makes some wonderful Woodgrain patterns?
Like this paper
and this washi tape


and this roller doodle stamp


Think of all the lovely things you can make with these products! 
Usually, I associate woodgrain designs with masculine and outdoor projects, but I wanted to try them to make something softer and a little more feminine. This is a card I came up with...


I inked up the Giant Roller Doodle with pink ink and rolled it onto the card. I sprinkled some water onto the card for the ink to blend a bit. I splattered acrylic paints on the card. I cut a strip of woodgrain paper layer and notched the ends to make a banner, added the strip to the card, and put pieces of washi tape at the top and bottom of the strip. I stamped the sentiment on a punched circle, layered it on a bigger circle, and mounted it overlapping the strips. To finish the card, I stitched in circles around the sentiment.


Supply List:
Glitz Design “Color Me Happy” Paper Layers
Glitz Design “Color Me Happy” Woodgrain Washi tape
Glitz Design “Color Me Happy” Woodgrain Giant Roller Doodle
Glitz Design “Ucharted Waters” Rubber Stamps
Other: cardstock, acrylic paints, inkpad,  thread, paint brush, circle punches, adhesive


Don't forget to check out the Glitz blog for more inspiration!

2 comments:

Lea L. said...

This is so fun, Mou! Love the neon pink in the background!!

Tiff said...

This is fantastic!