Thursday, December 29, 2011

Looking forward

Already writing down my resolutions for 2012... some are repeat resolutions, things that I want to stick to; some new because circumstances have changed with time... I may not fulfill them all this coming year, but I'll try to make some progress in each and hope to accomplish some!  
I'm coming to terms with a few things such as not everything can be wrapped up neatly... some things are just better off left alone and somewhat undone... trying to let go of the emotional burden of "unfinished business" and move on to the next thing. Looking at life as work in progress and if it bothers bystanders, all I can say is 'Please, pardon the dust'...

Found this wonderful quote the other day and loved it.
The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, the education, the money, than circumstances, than failure, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice everyday regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% of how I react to it. And so it is with you... we are in charge of our Attitudes.
- Charles R. Swindoll

No comments: