Hi and welcome to my blog. Oh, let me introduce myself... I'm Mou Saha. I love to make stuff and share my art with others. I love that everyday I get to do what I enjoy so much and still be home for my kids. I hope you stay a while, come back and find some inspiration here.
A Little Bit About Me
I was born in Calcutta, India. Growing up, I wanted to become a circus acrobat, then a gymnast, then a swimmer, until I became a Clinical Psychologist. Then I got married, moved to the States with my husband, started my own family and wanted to be a great mom to my two kiddos. While my goals and priorities have changed many a time in all these years, one thing has remained with me like my shadow - my love of making things with my two hands.
My journey as a scrapbooker began in 2004. I saw a scrapbooking show on TV and started with a baby book for my daughter who was just a year old at that time. It became my new passion instantly. One October day, that same year, I picked up my two scrapbook albums and walked into my local scrapbook and craft store and came out with an instructor’s job. I have enjoyed a national level Painting scholarship (1987-1999) back home in India and took to this new hobby naturally. I entered a few contests just for fun and met new friends who encouraged me to submit to magazines and apply for design team positions. So, I held my breath and took the plunge in December 2005. Eventually, I became a contributing writer for Creating Keepsakes magazine. I remained exclusive to them till December 2012.
Over the years, I have been blessed with opportunities to design for many of my favorite companies like Tim Holtz, Anna Griffin, Big Picture Classes, Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft, Glitz Design, October Afternoon, Crate Paper, etc. and to have my work published in many of the leading industry magazines.
I love to experiment, especially mixing scrapbooking with mixed media. Love to wake up every morning and make stuff and go to bed in the wee hours of the night, exhausted and inky. Even though I never imagined of becoming an artist, I’m starting to get used to the idea. I scrapbook because I want to preserve the little memories that make life worth living. I have learned a new way of life through scrapbooking, a way that has taught me to appreciate each moment and deal with life’s inevitable frustrations. Today, I don’t regret sacrificing my promising career in Clinical Psychology and Counseling to become a work-from-home-mom. I am proud to say that I am a Scrapbooker.
And before you go, you absolutely must know that I love spicy food, the color orange, country music, flea markets, and art journals!
I love to experiment. I don't like to limit myself by branding my style as simple, minimalist or layered , etc. I like to play and innovate. Layouts, mini books and mixed media art are my favorites.
I record my day-to-day life in my almost daily blog My Life In Collage.
My Handmade Business
Recently, I ventured into the land of selling handmade products. This is where I list my handmade mini book kits, one-of-a-king cards, prints of my original collages and more in my little shop called Color Happy Creations.
I am especially interested in Design Team and/or Contributing Editor positions in industry magazines and/or manufacturers. Traveling to teach, getting published as well as doing freelance work are some of my other goals. I am also interested in designing products for manufacturers.
- Winner, Creating Keepsakes Hall Of Fame 2007
- Finalist, Scrapbooker Of The Year Contest, Creating Keepsakes, 2006 & 2008
- Top 3, Making Memories Idol II, 2007
- Finalist, Chatterbox Design Team Search 2008
- Top 20, Rusty Pickle Amazing Race II, 2007
- Finalist, Tell Your Tale Contest, Piggy Tales, 2006
- Finalist, Maya Road Design Team Search 2007
- First Place Winner, Scrapbook Anwsers Girls’ Weekend Getaway , The Croppers Cottage, July 2006
- Finalist, Junkitz Designer Draft 2007
- Winner, Creating Keepsakes “You Are My Hero” Contest, 2006
- Winner, Basic Grey “Spring Fling” Contest, 2006
- Runner Up Winner, Provo Craft Sizzix Masterpiece Contest, 2005
- Top 25 Finalist, Basic Grey Be Bold Contest, 2005
- Honorable Mention, Junkitz Designer Draft 2006
- Junkitz purchased my 3D project to teach one of their classes
- Top 25 Finalist, Scrapworks Win A VW Beatle Contest, 2005
- Grand Prize Winner, Simple Scrapbooks Magazine “My Coolest Album Ever” Contest, “Self Discovery”, 2004