Monday, October 23, 2017

Card Tutorial: A Sweet Embroidered Hello!


When I was little, my mom made me all my dresses. And to each, she added her own artistic touches. There was this beige silk one that she embroidered tiny flowers in cheerful colors. I loved that dress! The Fun Stampers Journey Stitched Elegance Stamp set reminds me of mom's embroidered flowers and I wanted to capture that in this week's card.

We will start with a supply list and then I'll walk you through my process in pictures.

Supplies:



Stamp the leaves and flowers from the Stitched Elegance stamp set on Whip Cream cardstock using the following inks - leaves with Lemon Grass, flowers with Summer Days, Candy Apple and River Stone True Color Fusion Ink.
 

Use Details Pro Shears to cut out the stamped images.  

Stamp 'Hello' from the Embroidered Greetings Stamp Set on Whip Cream cardstock using Hazelnut Blend True Color Fusion Ink. Cut it out with Details Pro Shears.
 

Trim cardstock to 8.5" x 5.5". Fold in half using the Crease Tool to make a 4.25" x 5.5" card.


Attach the cut-out images to the card as shown using the Easy Glide Permanent Adhesive Runner.


Attach the sentiment to the card with Journey Foam Squares.

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and have fun with this stamp set. 


No comments: