"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Book Review: Nonsense


"In an increasingly complex, unpredictable world, what matters most isn't IQ, willpower, or confidence in what we know.  
It's how we deal with what we don't understand."

When I saw the cover art of Nonsense: The Power of Not Knowing by Jamie Holmes, I was curious. As I read the book description, I was intrigued. I like to know. I like closure. I like structure. And I have noticed that I get stressed when things get ambiguous. Could I possibly benefit from ambiguity? How?  

In the book, I found many anecdotes and examples of how knowledge can sometimes be limiting by making our thinking rigid and stopping further exploration. There is suggestion to "think of confusion as an opportunity to learn, not as a failure or an obstacle to understanding." 

"Cultivating ambiguity helps us keep an open mind and empathize with different viewpoints and contradictions are a kind of fuel for human imagination." 

Sure is an idea worth exploring! 

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review. 

No comments: