Thursday, June 02, 2016

Understanding Exposure

http://images.randomhouse.com/cover/9781607748502?height=450&alt=no_cover_b4b.gif 

I read an earlier edition of Understanding Exposure when I bought my first DSLR a few years ago. When the fourth edition was published, I wanted to read it again. A book like this is really great for reference for those who want to try the manual mode of their cameras. 

Apart from easy explanations and how-to's of aperture, shutter speed, light and flash, there are real life examples of the differences in images that correct exposure can bring about. Plus, I like the ideas for creating intriguing backgrounds with everyday things in regular places by knowing the exact specs to capture them.

The comments accompanying the photos shot by the author, Bryan Peterson himself, make you see that even established photographers run into some of the same problems that you and I do and how even the amateurs can learn to overcome them.

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

 

No comments: