"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

Monday, June 27, 2016

The Sleep Revolution

  
 
I have always been a night owl. Pulling all-nighters to prep for tests or to finish projects to meet deadlines or to finish an interesting book or even on a few occasions to watch Netflix has been a common practice for me. Taking care of kids and other affairs during the day and still wanting to do my own thing has made me mom-by-day-artist-by-night. But I forget that I am one person with one body that needs rest. I have woken up tired, felt slow, forgetful, impatient and out of fuel and have fallen sick quite often. When I picked up Ariana Huffington's The Sleep Revolution, I was aware that I needed to make a change.
The more I read, the more examples I saw of the extent of damage sleep deprivation can cause. I could understand that it has become accepted in our culture that sleep deprivation is the price of success and how dangerous that can be. It is time to reverse the process.
Making small changes to the daily routine and having simple winding down rituals can help us sleep better. And as a result feel better and think clearer. 
I would recommend this book to those who don't believe in sleep and also to those who want to sleep better.
I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

No comments: