"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Behind the Scenes of My Coloring Book



Are you ever curious about what goes on behind the scenes when you see a product in a shop? I usually am and thought you might be too. 

Come along with me behind the scenes of my new coloring book: No Place Like Home.

In a previous post, I shared with you how my love of drawing as a kid evolved. When the adult coloring book trend started, I dove right in. I bought several coloring books and colored them. 

I began to notice that most of these pages had very tiny spaces to fill that took a LONG time to color - as valuable as that exercise of coloring within  the lines was, it made me feel overwhelmed and somewhat impatient to see the results! I wanted something more like a sketchbook where coloring would feel more relaxing. I was inspired to create something myself that I couldn't find in the market


Creating the cover of Stampington Company's The Coloring Studio's premiere issue connected some dots in my heart. After that, there was no stopping for me - I knew that I had to create a coloring book that would address those who like the sketch style and pages that won't take too much time to finish coloring.

I drew a bunch of home vignettes and picked thirty of those to include in the book.

I envisioned these drawings to bring you joy, for you to color with pencils, markers, crayons, watercolors, etc. and frame your favorites as a collection at home.

Working on this project made me realize how much really goes into creating anything and making it available to others. Apart from the deep need to share a passion, I knew nothing really about the
process. It was a series of decisions from choosing a theme to a pen to a scanner to whether to make it a digital or physical product.


A lot of research showed me that a single printable drawing on Etsy ranges in price from $1.67 to $5.00.

I wanted to offer you the option of being able to print on your choice of papers and the option to reprint if you wanted. But I didn't want my 30 drawings to cost $50.00 to $150.00 or for you to have to spend your precious time scrolling through the hundreds of pages to find what you like.

A printable sketch style coloring book seemed to be the best way to go. So, here it is.



No comments: