Friday, March 18, 2016

Pop Painting

http://images.randomhouse.com/cover/9781607748076?height=450&alt=no_cover_b4b.gif 

When I chanced upon this book, Pop Painting by Camilla d'Errico, the cover art intrigued me! So, I followed the link trails and found more of her art. I was taken by the whimsy of it all - how a girl's head morphed into an octopus or melted into rainbow colors, how the birds sat nested among her locks of hair and woodland creatures and butterflies coexisted in her surreal paintings!

As I started reading Pop Painting, I found that she shared her expertise in a way that was understandable to the amateur. Camilla d'Errico walks you through the process of her paintings starting with studio setup to choice of materials to the final piece of art. If you are a painter yourself, you can pick up several technique variations you can try on your own. 

The book is full of Camilla's paintings complete with amazing details that you can easily lose yourself in. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, cover to cover!

You can read more about Camilla d'Errico here and about Pop Painting here

I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review.

2 comments:

Marci said...

Looks intetesting!

Mou Saha said...

Lots of great ideas in this book, Marci!