Saturday, March 19, 2016

Planner Embellishments with Sizzix Dies


Hello, hello! I hope you are enjoying spring wherever you are! The Daffodils are sprouting in our yards. Saw some Dogwood along the way the other day. Can't wait to see the Cherry blossoms bring color to our neighborhood! We are planning for our Spring Break next week.

Speaking of planning, I wanted to share with you guys, a tutorial on how to use die-cuts to make your very own planner embellishments.  


This technique works best with smaller dies.



To diecut the designs, create the following Sizzix Sandwich: on Sizzix Accessory - Standard Magnetic Platform for Wafer-Thin Die, lay another Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pad, Standard. Lay the cardstock on the Cutting Pad and selected dies from the Sizzix Thinlits Die Sets - Floral Wreath, Whimsy & Delight, Party Dress, Jar & Teapot Sentiments and Pocket, Cards & Tabs, each one blade-side down. Cover with the other Standard Cutting Pad and pass the whole sandwich through the Sizzix Big Shot machine

Repeat once more. Whichever designs you choose, make sure to die-cut at least two of that design because you need a pair of each to mirror image for this style of embellishments.


Here are my die-cut pieces.


Now, you get to be creative with your die-cuts. I used watercolors. You could use any kind of paints, markers, pencils you like to dress them up.


Here's a look at my colored pieces.


 

Next, use hot glue to place a paper clip between the matching pair of diecuts.


Here are my finished paper clips: a ribbon for reminders, a balloon for birthdays, a purse for shopping, a ticket for movies, a teapot for afternoon teas, and so on.



And here are the clips as I used them in my planner.

I hope you enjoyed today's tutorial. Have fun with all your little dies.

Supplies:

 

Note: I am a project designer for Sizzix. Sizzix provided me with the above dies to create the above project. If you click the links to buy these dies, I will earn an itsy bitsy portion of the sale. Use the code SZB2015 at checkout. You get 15% off and I get an itsy bitsy portion of the sale. It's win-win! 

3 comments:

Marci said...

They are so cute! Love how you painted them.

Mou Saha said...

Thanks Marci! I missed you. So glad you are back!

Andria said...

It's amazing how the die cuts are transformed by your paint!