"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Sunday, March 27, 2016

Jazz Up Your Planners with Stamper's Big Brush pens


 FCDMC_March2016_Tutorial3_MouS
 
Hi everyone, today I want to show you how much fun it is to use Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush pens in your planners!

I am going to share with you pages from my personal planner from February 2016 so you can see how I have used my  Stamper's Big Brush pens
  1. to experiment with hand-lettering
  2. to write stand-out information
  3. to add pops of colors
  4. to color little doodles and illustrations
  5. to add over-all interest to my planner.
So, let's get started.

FCDMC_March2016_Tutorial3_Step1_MouS
 
Hand-lettering is a fun trend in crafts. For everyday lettering, there's really no right or wrong way. It's your handwriting. No matter which spot you find yourself in the handwriting satisfaction spectrum, you can improve. I use my planner sort of as a sketchbook to experiment with lettering. I do try to keep the style consistent and look cohesive. It helps get a tiny daily dose of practice.

I doodle. For example, in the above spread, I doodled and colored the FedEX and UPS icons. And then a vintage rotary phone on the right side. 

FCDMC_March2016_Tutorial3_Step2_MouS
 
On the above spread, there are more doodles. I have written my entry in block letters and then filled in colors.

FCDMC_March2016_Tutorial3_Step3_MouS
 
Here's a mix of block lettering, cursive, all caps, all lowercase, and a combination of both.

FCDMC_March2016_Tutorial3_Step4_MouS
 
The Stamper's Big Brush pens don't bleed through most planner pages. As you can see, I have worked with them on back-to-back pages with no trouble at all. You can also use the Stamper's Big Brush pens for detail stamping on your pages if you want to stamp little icons and such if you are not a doodler.

On a final note, I want to tell you to not be afraid of writing. Don't be held back by rules. Your handwriting is your unique gift. With the right writing tools, you can make immense progress if you try. 

SUPPLIES:
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pens:
3 ct RED (#770050) - #133 Magenta, #219 Deep Scarlet Red, #118 Scarlet Red
3 ct YELLOW (#770051) - #113 Orange Glaze, #107 Cadmium Yellow, #104 Light Yellow Glaze
3 ct GREEN (#770052) - #171 Light Green, #170 May Green, #167 Permanent Green Olive
3 ct BLUE (#770053) - #156 Cobalt Green, #143 Cobalt Blue, #146 Smalt Blue
3ct: SUBTLE TONES (#770055) - #103, #132, #230
Essential PITT Artist Pens BLACK (#770075)

No comments: