"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Friday, January 29, 2016

Another Valentine Gift Card Holder


How would you like to treat your Valentine? Sweetly, I'm sure! But that is so much easier when you are in pre-school, isn't it? Just give candies. But the older we are, it gets a bit harder. I get chocolates and roses practically every time. Sometimes, perfumes. But I'm a crafter. While I appreciate the roses and the chocolates and the perfumes very much, I crave more for a collection of Golden acrylic paints or a collection of interesting stencils or an audio book to listen to while I craft. And I am usually very stumped when I have to pick gifts for such occasions. A man can only have so many sweaters and socks and ties!!! With time, I have come to realize that gift cards work better in my family. I know, he stops at a Starbucks on his way to work. So, this year, Starbucks it is! But that doesn't mean that I can't add my personal crafty touches to the gift! So, here's a gift card holder fit for the occasion made with my collection of new Echo Park dies from Sizzix.


Start by die-cutting Card A2 Striped. To die cut this card, create the following Sizzix sandwich: Lay the Card, A2 Striped blade side up on a Sizzix Accessory Cutting Pads - Extended. Lay a 6" x 12" cardstock on the die and cover with another Extended Cutting Pad. Pass the whole sandwich through the Sizzix Big Shot Machine.

To diecut the silhouette, create the following Sizzix sandwich: Lay Sizzix Bigz Die - Pocket, Heart die blade side up on a Sizzix Accessory Cutting Pads - Standard. Lay a 6" x 6" patterned paper on the die and cover with another Standard Cutting Pad. Pass the whole sandwich through the Sizzix Big Shot Machine.

Repeat this step with the Sizzix Bigz Die - Heart Viewfinder and Sizzix Bigz Die - Love Silhouettes  to die-cut the pieces for your gift card holder.

Here are the die-cut pieces.


Fold the A2 Striped Card diecut and fold in the tabs of the Heart pocket.


Attach the  Heart pocket to the A2 Striped Card. This will be the pocket for your gift card.


Attach the Silhouette to the Heart Viewfinder.


Attach the ribbons to the A2 Striped Card. 
To add some texture, wrap some thread around your palm loosely, pull out and lay on the A2 Striped Card surface. Use tape to hold it in place.
Attach the Silhouette and Viewfinder to the card overlapping the thread. Personalize to finish.
 
Happy Valentine's Day to you all!

Supplies:
Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Card, A2 Striped
Sizzix Bigz Die - Love Silhouettes
Sizzix Bigz Die - Pocket, Heart  
Sizzix Bigz Die - Heart Viewfinder 
Sizzix Big Shot Machine
Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Extended
Sizzix Accessory Cutting Pads, Standard
Others: Cardstock, Patterned paper, Thread, Adhesive 


Note: I am a project designer for Sizzix. Sizzix provided me with the above dies to create the above project. If you click the links to buy these dies, I will earn an itsy bitsy portion of the sale. Use the code SZB2015 at checkout. You get 15% off and I get an itsy bitsy portion of the sale. It's win-win!

No comments: