Hello blog friends! Are you ready for some Sunday inspiration? Here's a cupcake birthday card for you in just 5 steps!
In our family, most of the birthdays fall between September and December. That means a lot of my birthday card making happens right about now. After having moved last month, I'm still overwhelmed with settling in. So, quick and easy has to do for me at the moment. But that doesn't mean that the receivers of these cards have to know about that ;) And whether you moved recently or not, who doesn't like a quick and easy tutorial for birthday cards!
1. To make this card, pull out your colorful paper scraps.
2. To diecut the cupcake and candle, lay various patterned papers face down on the blade side of the Sizzix Bigz Die - Cupcake. Create a Sizzix sandwich by placing the Cupcake die and papers between two Sizzix Accessory Standard Cutting Pads and pass the whole sandwich through the Sizzix Big Shot machine.
3. Die cut the scalloped tag using the same Sizzix sandwich as described above using Sizzix Originals Die - Tags, Hexagon & Scallop.
4. On the card, assemble the cupcake with foam tape for a dimensional look.
Attach the candle to the cupcake.
5. Stamp sentiment on the tag. Tie a piece a piece of colorful thread to it. Attach the tag to the card.
Write a personal birthday wish inside and your card is ready for the mail!
Sizzix Bigz Die - Cupcake
Sizzix Originals Die - Tags, Hexagon & Scallop
Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (Powder Blue and Teal)
Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Standard, 1 Pair (Mint)