"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy

Friday, November 13, 2015

Thinking of You!


 
There are so many wonderful friends I left behind in Florida when I moved! I think of them all the time. But don't always get around to getting in touch with them. It's hard. The longer it takes, the harder it gets! So, I have decided to seize the day and make a card and send it a friend I miss a LOT! 
 
So, I made the above card and here are the details in case, you too, are trying hard to stay in touch with your dear ones.
 
Celebra'tions Ink pads: Berry Black SCI-001
Stamps: Doily Fun SCS-001; My Friend SCS-002
Etched Die: Pierced Recatngles SCD - 012 
Celebra'tions Linen Thread SCT-001 
Fun Stampers Journey Grand Pro Shears 9", Product # [TO-0064]
Journey Platinum machine


Pick your favorites from the Celebra'tions Prints and a neutral cardstock to make your card base. I chose Butter Cream. 


Trim Butter Cream Cardstock to 8.5" x 5.5".  Fold in half to make the card measuring 5.5" x 4.25". Trim the other papers down to say, roughly in gallon-quart-pint ratio.


Attach the Celebra'tions Prints to the card as shown.


Now that the card base is ready, let's get to decorating it.


On the remaining half of the Butter Cream cardstock, stamp the Doily Fun stamp using Berry Black ink pad.


Using the Journey Platinum machine and one of the Pierced Rectangles dies, diecut part of the stamped Doily.


Stamp the sentiment, 'Thinking of You' using Berry Black Ink and My Friend stamp set. Cut the sentiment into a strip using Journey Grand Pro shears.


Attach the diecut Doily block on the card. Notch a strip of Celebra'tions Print to make banner ends. Wrap some Celebra'tions Linen Thread around and tie into a knot. Mount the sentiment on the twine to finish.


Here's a close-up of the finished card. 

I am going to send my card to a dear friend of mine in Florida. Who are you thinking of often? Send them a handmade card. Trust me, it will make them happy :)

No comments: