Thursday, October 08, 2015

Inspired by Autumn: A Series in Art Making, Week 2

Welcome to Week 2 of my Inspired by Autumn mini Blog series!
 
 
If this is your first time here, let me tell you a little bit about what this series is about.
 
Autumn is my most favorite time of the year. Right now, nature is at its best in my eyes and that is inspiring my creativity! I'm sketching, art journaling, scrapbooking... you can take a peek into my Instagram to see my daily musings. In order to live this beautiful season to the fullest, I wanted to share some of my favorite fall projects, new and old, along with brief how-tos here on my blog every Thursday this October.
 
You can read the post from Week 1 here.
 
You are most welcome to take inspiration from these projects. But don't feel limited by any product choices that I made here. I hope you'll stop by on Thursdays this month to see some inspired projects from me. Feel free to ask if you have questions for me. And if you too are inspired to create by autumn, please leave link(s) to your favorite fall-inspired creations in the comment section! Such things are better shared, right?
 
 
This layout "Fall Delights" first appeared in the September/October 2013 issue of Creating Keepsakes magazine in the Scrapbook How To: Create Ombre Accents article.
[Copyright: Creating Keepsakes, shared with prior permission from the Publisher]
 
Let me tell you briefly what I remember about how I created the ombre effect. I chose some six shades of Gelatos colors: Buttercream, Lemon, Mango, Tangerine, Blood Orange and Red Cherry and colored a few pieces of watercolor paper with each. I blended the colors with wet brush. When dry, I cut out basic leaf shapes with scissors. Attaching those leaves to the layout background in shades of dark to light created that cascading ombre effect! A bit of machine stitching added some texture.
 
This layout is now almost three years old, but still one of my most favorite layouts that I created. Below are some close-ups of the technique I just shared.
 

 
Thanks for stopping by! Hope your day is filled with happiness and see you next Thursday with Week 3 of Inspired by Autumn!

No comments: