"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy

Friday, October 16, 2015

Are you loving the Adult Coloring Books?

Did you notice the trend of adult coloring books? Did you know that adult coloring books have been repeatedly making it to Amazon's Top 100 Book List? Have you tried them?
 
Research says that it is a therapeutic, meditative, analogue entertainment for adults.
 
I have been seeing adult coloring books practically everywhere, mostly ones with really intricate mandalas. I have flipped through a few. But the ones I saw didn't appeal to me that much. I was looking for something a little different. I did not know what exactly, but that I'll know when I see it. And then I SAW IT!
 
Nope, I haven't seen the whole book yet. But the pages I have seen have drawn me in enough that I can hardly wait for the full version! 
 
I am talking about The Coloring Studio.
 
 

 
See the coloring page? The black and white illustration? Yep, and now look to the left... that's my colored page. But there's a whole lot more to it that I can't divulge at the moment even though I'm dying to share...
 
 
But of course, I don't want to tease and leave you hanging!!! So, I'll just copy and paste the details as seen in Stampington and Company's newsletter Creative Impulse:

"Description
The Coloring Studio is not your kid’s coloring book. With an imaginative collection of sophisticated, edgy illustrations in the Somerset-esque style you've come to love, this special book puts an artistic spin on today’s hottest trend. Featuring 60 unmatched illustrations from the industry’s top artists, including Christine Mason Miller, Suzi Blu, Lindsay Ostrom, Linda Trenholm, Deb Dunn, and more, this coloring book includes bonus content and ideas that you won’t find in similar publications.

Inside the Premiere Issue:
  • Art journalers Susie LaFond and Mou Saha (you guys, that's me and I'm so mindblown!!!) show how you can transform your coloring pages into art
  • A special section on Zendoodle with basic patterns and silhouettes for you to fill in
  • How to incorporate watercolor pencils and other unique coloring tools
  • Distinctive palettes to work with
  • A primer on basic color theory 
Whether you love contemporary art, want to get your creative juices flowing, or simply need some “me time,” The Coloring Studio won’t restrict you to a single theme, but offers a wide variety of designs just awaiting your own personal style.
Available December 1st"

Okay... everything is from that newsletter except for the pink highlighted part, that's me, I HAD to add that! It's not everyday that your favorite art magazine features your work to promote their latest trendy premiere issue launch. And not everyday, you get to see your name on the same page as your beloved artists like Suzi Blu! I'm so stoked that I couldn't help sharing the news with you :)

Can't wait to see the entire issue for what other artists have created because I know it will be great! And I'm so glad I have YOU to share this news with!

No comments: