"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Friday, October 02, 2015

A Card for Men and Boys

Shopping for men and boys is hard! Creating greeting cards that will appeal to guys, I think, might be harder. And I know that I'm not alone in this. Do you struggle with this too?
 
Here's an attempt I made to create a card with that struggle in mind. I chose map, woodgrain and blue colored papers. Pretty standard masculine patterns and colors, right? Next, I chose a hot air balloon and a star-studded sentiment that I diecut using Stephanie Barnard's Summer Is die collection from Sizzix. While I wanted to create a everyday masculine card with these dies, you can really give it any look you like. 
 
 
Let me walk you through the steps of making this card.

 
These are the dies I started with: Sizzix Framelits Die Set 14PK - Card, Kind Sentiments Step-Ups for my card base and Sizzix Triplits Die Set 9PK - Hot Air Balloons to embellish.

 
Cut cardstock and patterned papers in sizes that will fit the above dies. You also raid your stash of paper scraps for this.

 
To diecut the card base, create this Sizzix Sandwich: Lay a Sizzix Accessory Standard Cutting Pad on another Sizzix Accessory Standard Magnetic Platform for Wafer-Thin Dies. Lay your paper face down on the Standard Cutting Pad and place the Kind Sentiments Step-Ups die blade-side down on the paper. Cover with the other Standard Cutting Pad and pass the whole sandwich through the Sizzix Big Shot machine.
 
Repeat the same Sizzix sandwich as described above to diecut all the layers of the Kind Sentiments Step-Ups and Hot Air Balloons. Using the Standard Magnetic Platform ensures that each die is held in place for precision cuts for your project.
 
 
Here are the die cut parts and pieces of the  Kind Sentiments Step-Ups card and Hot Air Balloons. 

 
Start layering the  Kind Sentiments Step-Ups card pieces to the card base.

 
Attach the sentiment, also from the Kind Sentiments Step-Ups set.

 
Layer the pieces of the Hot Air Balloon together.
 
 
Attach the Hot Air Balloon to the Kind Sentiments Step-Ups card.
 
 
Here's a close-up of the card.
 
It came out rather handsome, I think! Fit for a guy, don't you think?
 
And here's a complete list of supplies I used: 
Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Standard, 1 Pair (Mint)
Sizzix Accessory - Standard Magnetic Platform for Wafer-Thin Dies
Cardstock: Michaels
Patterned papers: October Afternoon
Adhesive: Scotch 3M
 
 
Note: I am a project designer for Sizzix. Sizzix provided me with the above dies to create the above project. If you click the links to buy these dies, I will earn an itsy bitsy portion of the sale. Use the code SZB2015 at checkout. You get 15% off and I get an itsy bitsy portion of the sale. It's win-win!  

No comments: