"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy

Monday, June 01, 2015

Take the Challenge with Mou, June 2015 at the Design Memory Craft blog

Hi everyone, Mou here with the sixth Take the Challenge of 2015.
If you are new to this blog, let me fill you in about Take the Challenge. Every month, on the first Monday, I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. We will pick TWO winners from among the readers who participated in that month's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.
 
 
My challenge for you this month coincides with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft's Art Journaling month. I encourage you to start your own Art Journal this month.  Like the designers of Design Memory Craft, choose an inspiration piece and choose a journal. Based on the inspiration, start working on your art journal. You can keep working on your journal throughout the month and beyond. Share with us your inspiration piece and the art journal you have picked by leaving comments to this post with your links.
 
 
I'm using the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Square Journal Board. You are free to choose your own favorite journal.  

 
And here's my inspiration piece which I found here. This particular piece spoke to me because these are all scenes from Paris and I LOVE Paris! Whenever I have visited, I have walked the streets of the city and taken photos of the beautiful little details beyond the landmarks. This photo reminds me of the textures, the character and the colors of Paris. There's beauty all around, you just need to look and absorb.

 
Here I have started my Art Journal. Usually when I travel, I carry an Art Journal as I have shared here before. I sketch some scenes when I get a chance. I write about what I saw, what stood out to me and more. I love looking back at these journals. But the beauty is that you don't even have to be in some exotic place to Art Journal, you can walk around your neighborhood and see what you can find.
 
To start your Art Journal, you could use the following like I used in mine:
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Square Journal Boards
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Textural Accents: Gel Medium, Gesso, Glass Bead Glitter Gel
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos Mist Maker Set
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Mixed Media with Gelatos kit

 
Here I started my base with scrap papers and Gel Medium and Gesso.


I created a layer with a stencil from the Mixed Media with Gelatos kit using Glass Bead Glitter Gel right in the center. Because it dries clear, you can still see the bike on the paper. I'll keep working on this Art Journal and share my progress with you every week. 
 
Don't forget to share your inspiration piece and Art Journal selection with us... just leave a comment to the challenge post with link to your project image(s) by Friday, 6/12 and we will pick TWO winners randomly to win these.
 
The prize for this challenge is: One tub of Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Glass Bead Glitter Gel.
Don't forget to check back on Monday, 6/15 to see if YOU won!

Good luck to all!

2 comments:

Ruby Craft said...

I plan to start working on my journal this week. Love the cover for yours. Beautiful colors and texture.

Ruby Craft said...

Time flies! I just starting my art journal today so missed the deadline, but hopefully I'll be ready for your next challenge.