"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Relax on an Adirondack chair

 
Summers in Florida are HOT! So the kids spend a lot of time in the pool and I spend a lot of time by the pool keeping an eye on them. And yes, we have had versions of Adirondack chairs for that purpose. To find the Sizzix ScoreBoards XL Die - Chair, 3-D Adirondack in Eileen Hull's Vintage Travel collection that would create a miniature version of that chair was just priceless! Let me show you how I made my 3-D Adirondack Chair
 

 
To diecut the parts of the 3-D Adirondack Chair, you'll need to create the following Sizzix sandwich: Lay mat board (I used white) on the blade side of the Sizzix Bigz XL 3-D Adirondack Chair die. Place the pieces between a pair of Sizzix Accessory Extended Cutting Pads. Pass this Sizzix sandwich through the Sizzix Big Shot machine. This will give you the base and back pieces, three of the back slats piece and one of the side pieces. To diecut the other two back slats and the other side piece, repeat the same procedure. I cut out big enough pieces from my mat board and placed and secured them with tape right where the die blades are for a particular shape. That way I saved some mat boards for later use.

 
Here are all the die-cut pieces that you will need to make your 3-D Adirondack Chair.

 
To assemble the pieces, follow the steps described in this PDF file. The assembled Chair looks like this and is now ready for you to embellish as you like. I decided to paint mine.

 
I mixed my paints directly on the Chair to mimic natural variations of color in any outdoor furniture.

 
To create a weathered look, I brushed white gesso on the Chair.

 
Here's what my finished Chair looks like.

 
And here's a little friend sharing the Chair to rest for a bit!
 
Supplies:
657900 Sizzix Big Shot Machine Only (Powder Blue & Teal)
655267 Sizzix Accessory - Cutting Pads, Extended, 1 Pair
656493 Sizzix Little Sizzles - 6" x 13" Mat Board Pack, 6 Assorted Sheets
Others: adhesive, acrylic paints (I used DecoART Media acrylic paints), gesso, paint brushes, 4 brads

3 comments:

Marci said...

So, so cute! I love the color.

Marci said...

So, so cute! I love the color.

Eileen Hull said...

Adorable Mou!