"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Monday, June 08, 2015

Art Journaling with Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft, Week 2

Last Monday, we started an art journaling journey over at the Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft blog and encouraged readers to join the designers every week for a month to create their own art journals.
 
 
And here I am on day 1 of week 2 to share my progress.

FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image1_MouS
 
This week's focus is on creating the bases of your journal pages. I touched on this a bit last week when I attached paper scraps to my journal with Gel Medium and unified the colors and patterns with the help of Gesso. Today I'll show you how I have used various Textural Accents to create the other foundations of my art journal using various Textural Accents.
 
FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image3_MouS
 
I used Chalkboard Paint and paint brush to color a few pages of my Square Journal Boards.
 
FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image4_MouS
 
On these pages, I have rubbed Gelatos® colors (Tangerine, Bubblegum, Guava and Metallic Melon) and blended with Gesso using my fingers. Of course, you can use a brush to blend too!
 
FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image5_MouS
 
Here's a page with Whipped Spackle applied through a stencil from the Stencils 10ct 101 Collection using palette knife from the Gelatos Mist Maker set. Remember that if you are going to write on a page, you may want to apply Whipped Spackle around that area as Whipped Spackle is a texture medium and is harder to write on than a plain surface.
 
FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image6_MouS
 
This page was a lot of fun! I attached real leaves to the page with Glaze and painted around it with Chalkboard Paint
 
FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image7_MouS
 
But art journaling is also about layering. And that's where stamps can come in handy. I used some of the FUN stamps from Stampendous to create interest on my foundation pages. 
 
FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image8_MouS
 
I inked up my stamp with Stamper's Big Brush pens and stamped on the pages. When I art journal, I don't always use a stamp as  a whole. Let me explain. I ink up only a section of my stamp and stamp on my page multiple times without re-inking in between.
 
FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image9_MouS
 
Here I have used three or four different stamps and quite a few different colors of Stamper's Big Brush pens. 
 
FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image10_MouS
 
Layered stamped images can add quite a bit of depth to your pages.
 
FCJune2015_ArtJournalMonth_Week2_Image11_MouS
 
But stamps can also be used to create interesting textures. Apply Whipped Spackle with palette knife and while the paste is still wet, stamp into it. Be sure to clean up the stamp immediately. Let dry before you go to your next step.
So, that's it from me this week. Be sure to check back throughout the week to see what the other designers are doing. I know I will and see you next Monday with my progress.

1 comment:

Christina Furner-Webber said...

Hi! This blog hop is great cause I'm loving your site and would love to sign up. I'm trying to learn all I can. TYFS!!