"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

Friday, May 01, 2015

A Sizzix card for my Mom

 
I made this card for my mom. Put a lot of love into it :)
If you want to make a card like mine, please follow along.

 
To diecut the Basic Step-Ups card, create this Sizzix Sandwich from bottom up: Standard Magnetic Platform for Wafer-Thin Dies, one Sizzix Accessory Standard Cutting Pad, cardstock, Basic Step-ups Framelits die by Stephanie Barnard blade side down, and another Sizzix Accessory Standard Cutting Pad on top. Pass the Sizzix Sandwich through the Sizzix Big Shot machine. The Magnetic Platform ensures a neat and clean cut by keeping the Framelits die in place while passing through the machine.
 
 
Here's the card, cut and folded.

 
Now it's time to diecut the decorative layers for this card. Create the same Sizzix Sandwich as described above with the proper Framelits dies from the Basic Step-ups Card set and patterned papers to suit your theme. Attach the diecut pieces as shown.

 
As you begin embellishing the Basic Step-ups Card, you can use the Framelits dies that come with the set (like I did here) or pick another set of Sizzix dies. For this card, I'm using Brenda Walton's Thinlits die set Floral Wreath. Pick papers that will coordinate well with the card you are working on. I used up several scraps from my stash for this. I created a Sizzix Sandwich by laying a Sizzix Accessory Standard Cutting Pad over the Sizzix Accessory Standard Magnetic Platform. I lay out my papers on the Standard Cutting Pad and placed the Thinlits dies blade side down on them and covered with the other Standard Cutting Pad. When the Sizzix Sandwich was ready, I passed it through the Sizzix Big Shot machine to diecut all the embellishments I wanted to use.


 
Next, I layered the diecut pieces that needed to be layered, such as the birds, flowers, etc. and attached them to the card in a pleasing arrangement. I wrote my sentiment on the banner piece and added it to the card to finish.
And now I just hope that my mom likes it :)
 
Supplies I used:
Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned papers: Anna Griffin, Inc.
Adhesive: Tape Runner, Foam Mount (Scotch 3M)
Pen: Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft PITT Artist pen

No comments: