"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Monday, January 19, 2015

A new year, a new journal

Hi everyone! It's a new year and a great time to start a new creative venture. I'm starting a sketch journal.

FCJanuary2015_Tuturial2_Mous
 
For this project, I used:
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Mini Journal Board
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Textural Accent: Gesso
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils: 108, 115 (YELLOW set); 156, 168 (GREEN set); 131, 176,187, 234, 276 (NEUTRAL set)
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Deluxe Waterbrush

The steps are really simple here. Let me walk you through.

FCJanuary2015_Tuturial2_Step1_Mous
 
I started with the Mini Journal Board.

FCJanuary2015_Tuturial2_Step2_Mous
 
Applied a coat of gesso to prime the board.

FCJanuary2015_Tuturial2_Step3_Mous
 
Inspired by a hexagon rug I had seen, I doodled random polygons and colored them in with Art GRIP® Aquarelle Watercolor Pencils.

FCJanuary2015_Tuturial2_Step4_Mous
 
Using a Deluxe Waterbrush, I blended the colors a bit and wrote January at the base to mark the first month.
I'm sure you all are going to see more of this journal from me in coming months :)

2 comments:

Marci said...

I love it!

Laurie Leahey said...

Very very pretty! I like the hexagons!