Monday, August 11, 2014

Dreaming on Art Journal page

Hey friends... I'm here today with an art journal page.


On my page, I used:

Sizzix Framelits Die Set 6PK - Enchanted

Others: Art journal, acrylic paint, cardstock, Gelatos colors, Gesso, Gel Medium, paint brushes, pencil, pen

And, here's are the step-outs to making this page.


These are the die sets I listed above. Can't really pick which one is my favorite of these!


Cut cardstock to fit through the Big Shot machine. I cut my 8.5" x 11" cardstock in half. On the magnetic platform accessory, lay down the bottom cutting pad. Lay out the dies you want to use on this surface. The manetic platform will ensure that your dies stay in place and don't shift during cutting. Besides, look at how many die cuts you can get get from one little piece of cardstock, thanks to the magnetic platform! Lay the top cutting pad and pass the sandwich through the Big Shot machine.


After all the pieces are diecut, it's time to move on to the art journal. I'm working in a book, so I primed my pages with white gesso first. 


Color the diecuts with Gelatos colors. I used all metallics for a soft shimmer. Use colors you love. 


Arrange the diecuts on your pages the way you like best and when you're happy with the arrangement, use soft matte Gel Medium to attach them. 


Once the Gel Medium dries, rub some more Gelatos colors, add water, and let the wet color drip down.


Next, add your photo. I layered my smallest frame on the photo and attached them to the center of the bigger frame.


Use acrylic paint and brush to write your title.


Journal to finish.
Thanks for stopping by :)

1 comment:

Taylor Cockerham said...

You have such beautiful penmanship, and thanks for sharing your talent!!