Monday, June 02, 2014

Take the Challenge, June 2014 at Design Memory Craft blog

Hi everyone, Mou here  and welcome to the sixth Take The Challenge of 2014

If you are new to this blog, let me fill you in about Take the Challenge. Every month, on the first Monday, I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. We will pick TWO winners from among the readers who participated in that month's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.

This month's challenge is about mixing and matching your mediums. Mix & Match is the motto of Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft. The products from this brand can be used together just as beautifully as they can be used individually. So, your challenge is to create a project of your choice by mixing and matching at least TWO different mediums. It could be Gesso and Gelatos, or Glaze and ArtGRIP Aquarelle Watercolor pencils, for example. If you want to mix and match more than two mediums, go right ahead and have fun!

Here's my take:


In my project, I mixed and matched four different types of Textural Accents - Gesso, gel Medium, Chalkboard Paint, and Whipped Spackle with two different coloring mediums: Gelatos and Stamper's Big Brush pens. Here's the list of supplies:
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gesso

Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Gelatos®: Guava (RED set), Mango (YELLOW set)
Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft Stamper's Big Brush Pens: Black 199 Scarlet Red 118, Deep Scarlet Red 219 & Magenta 133 (3 ct RED set)Light Blue 154
Others: wood plaque, scrap patterned papers, diecuts (by Sizzix), bubble wrap, paintbrush

Here are some close-up shots of the finished project:


Instead of doing a photo tutorial, I did a video this month to show you the techniques. I hope you can follow along despite my accent :)



Don't forget to share your challenge creations with us... just leave a comment to the challenge post with link to your project image(s) by Friday, 6/13 and we will pick TWO winners randomly to win these.
Don't forget to check back on Monday, 6/16 to see if YOU won!
Good luck to all!

3 comments:

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

http://papertherapyponderings.blogspot.com/2014/06/graduation-and-mixed-media.html

Thanks Mou

I have no idea why it won't keep the link to the project - I can leave comments

Barb Housner

flowerpalace said...

I'm having trouble with my link too! I gave up! Is it too late to add my link? I'm so disappointed! :(

Mou Saha said...

Hi flowerpalace, I think the issue might be with Typepad which hosts the Design Memory Craft blog. Please see my response to your comment on the Faber blog.