"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Friday, May 16, 2014

Blog Hop with ICE Resin & Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

This week we have a blog hop with Ice Resin!  Leave a comment at each of our blogs on the designated day for a chance to win one of our prizes! We'll be posting new projects every day so don't forget to stop by our blogs!  
Monday May 12
Faber Castell: Jill Foster: http://www.studiosessionsart.blogspot.com/  
Tuesday May 13
Faber Castell: Jen Matott: http://arttalk-sigmagirl.blogspot.com/  
Wednesday May 14
Faber Castell: Rita Barakat  http://wp.me/p47OIs-yy  
Thursday May 15
Faber Castell: Tiffany Johnson  http://iheartartblog.com/?p=12820
Friday May 16
ICE Resin: John Creighton Petersenhttp://artnewwave.com/?p=74
The blog hop projects will end on Friday but you have until midnight Eastern time on Sunday, May 18 to post a comment. Winners will be announced Monday, May 19.  Two winners will win a Designing with Gelatos kit OR a  prize pack from Ice Resin (a Resin Plunger, a Bezel, Medium and a Relique). 

And here's my project:


I like my jewelry simple. And it was easy to do with the right materials.
For my project, I used:
Others: Patterned tissue, wood veneer heart, scissors, paint brush, packing tape, bone folder, pin, tray, a chain


I lay some patterned tissue on the bezel and marked the area I wanted to cut with a pencil. The tissue being semi-transparent, made it easy to do that.


Now, the tissue oval was very delicate, so I added some body to it by drybrushing a couple of coats gesso to the back of it.


I also painted the base of the bezel with some gesso to make sure that if my tissue oval turns out to be smaller than a snug fit inside the frame, it won't look too bad.


Being my first time using ICE Resin, I did some research and understood that it might be a good idea to seal the tissue oval, or any art piece for that matter, with some packing tape. I cut a big enough piece of tape that could fold over to seal my tissue oval from both top and bottom. I used a bone folder to smooth out air bubbles.


I cut the oval out with scissors leaving a slight sealed edge all around. I used Gel Medium to hold it in place inside the bezel.


I colored a wood veneer heart with Stamper's Big Brush pen and sealed the top with Gel Medium.


Next, I attached the heart to the bezel with Gel Medium and let it dry thoroughly.


Following package instructions, I used the syringe to let out the resin in the cup and stirred it with craft stick.


I placed by decorated bezel on a tray (just a gift box in this case) and slowly poured just enough ICE Resin into the frame. The tray is because I wanted to be able to get that bezel safely out of my work surface to let it sit without interruption. I used a pin to work out most air bubbles. 
Here's a close up


Three days later, I have a simple piece of everyday jewelry :) Have to admit, this is addictive! Looking forward to many more adventures with ICE-Resin.

47 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous! Great idea lissag123@verizon.net

Terri Burnette said...

I love it! I think I have one of those bezels floating around here somewhere. Feels like a project coming on...... Thanks for sharing.

@Sashko Sereda said...

wow!

Laura Strack said...

Your necklace is gorgeous with it's bright a beautiful red heart. Faber Castell Pitt pens are one of my fave coloring mediums. Thanks for sharing.

Tasha Freeman said...

Very pretty :)

Claire said...

Each day the projects are more wonderful! Glad I don't have to pick a favorite!

Shari Czerwinski said...

Great tutorial. Thanks for the step-by-step instructions!

Sherrill Campbell said...

'Simply' beautiful!

april dawn said...

Just so very cute!

Pakrat said...

love how it makes the heart float - Beautiful

snazzyjj said...

Love your simple yet elegant piece. I've got a lot of birthdays coming up and this would be a prefect gift. Thanks for the step-by-step.

marylouh said...

The pendant is so pretty. the heart really pops out of the frame. thanks for the detailed instructions on using the ICE resin.

Kailash said...

Love this classic piece, gorgeous vintage look. Love the ice resin quality!!!

Joanne2403 said...

Oh I so agree about it being addictive and you have just introduced me to even more goodies that I want to play with. This is a very pretty pendant, thank you for sharing your ideas :)

Cathy A said...

This is so pretty perfect pice of jewllery!

Gavi S said...

Very pretty and elegant but simple like you said...nice!

Anonymous said...

Very sweetly simple!
Carol from ICE Resin

Sue D said...

This is so sweet and would make a great gift too.

Auntie Em said...

Your necklace is so sweet! I love the simplicity of the little wooden heart in the center. Great tutorial.
Thank you for sharing the details on how to make one. I can think of so many ways to play with this material. :)

Linsey said...

Mou, how lovely this is!! Even though you are completely awesome, since you say this is your first time and it turned out SO fabulous, I feel encouraged to make a small investment and give it a go too! Thanks for sharing the details of how creating your necklace went. I hope you do make lots more!! Thanks so much for being a part of todays co-hop. This has been a wonderfully fun and more enjoyable week of seeing so much creativity with DMC and Ice Resin products! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!!

Judy said...

Your "simple" necklace is very pretty. That red heart really draws your eyes in. Thanks for showing us how you made it.

luluvision said...

Simply adorable! Love the necklace!

Drycha said...

I just CAN'T wait to get Ice resin! I didn't receive shipping before weekend :(
but I'll rock next week!
smart thing with clear tape!

Jackie said...

Very beautiful necklace! It does look easy and I might have a try at i!

famillemarleau said...

It's very gorgeous. I love it. Thanks for sharing, Johanne Lacombe

Melody said...

Very nice necklace.

jacqueline said...

What a beautiful little pendant. These products are very inspiring.

Cornelia W said...

Such a pretty pendant!

Katie said...

Beautiful pendant! Thanks for the clear instructions too. Love what you did! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Robin B. said...

What an elegant pendant! I love the pop of red, thanks for sharing.

Maureen said...

I love the simplicity of your design, the heart really pops. It is lovely - thank you!

Rebecca Ednie said...

I love the background you used. So pretty.

diana fernandez said...

So cute! and you make it look so effortless, I can't wait to try out some of my own!

Debbie L Gregory said...

So pretty, this hop was so much fun and such amazing inspiration, techniques and new ideas. A lot of play coming up and defiantely alittle shopping is a must, lol.

Carol McCready said...

Very pretty pendant.

Heather Thompson said...

Very pretty. Great pictorial.

TracyM #6773 said...

BEAUTIFUL pendant Mou - LOVE your elegant design!!!

THANK YOU for sharing your tutorial, it is great to get the practical details on how you created this project and used the different products, THANK YOU for sharing your CREATIVE INSPIRATION too :)

Leanne said...

Gorgeous creation.

WhoMom said...

This is fabulous. It reminds me of a vintage heart that was my Great Grandmothers'! Thanks for the awesome tutorial.

Scrappin' Diva said...

Love this simple but elegant design!

Sharon Rexroad's Bringing Creativity 2 Life said...

Such a great hint to seal your tissue with the packing tape. I'd have never thought of that.

Dana Norris said...

Your pendant is beautiful, elegant and simple. I love how you painted the bezel with gesso in case your tissue paper didn't fit. I'd never think to do that! This blog hop has taught me so many things and inspired me so much. Thank you for sharing your talent and for being part of the blog hop.

Char- The Mad Shopper said...

You make using ice resin sound so easy, Thanks for the information to make one of these myself. Yours came out beautiful.

PK Sews said...

This is so lovely. Thanks for sharing!

bettie said...

This is really cute. Thank you for the tutorial. I would like to try something like this.

Mariana said...

That is the cutest necklace I've seen in forever!!!!!! Than for the tutorial!

Faber Castell Koffer said...

Faber Castell: Jill Foster: http://www.studiosessionsart.blogspot.com/. Tuesday ... fabercastellkoffer.blogspot.de