Tuesday, March 25, 2014

A Washi Tape Tutorial

Hi everyone, here's a washi tape tutorial for you! tutorial.


I created this spring themed canvas mainly with these washi tapes and stickers from October Afternoon.
Farm Girl Washi Tape: Bowl of Cherries


Let me walk you through the steps.


First, cover an 8" x 10" canvas with book paper. Seal the top with Collage Pauge, or Gel Medium or Mod Podge to keep the corners from lifting.


Color the background as sky and grass using Gelatos or another type of paint. When dry, create a stem using Tropical Sherbet washi tape.


Fill up the tree with leaves using Daisy Field and accenting with Squirrel and Bowl of Cherries washi tapes. Add grass with Daisy Field washi tape.


Add details with a permanent pen.


Here's a closer look.


Handwrite 'welcome' with a permanent marker and spell out 'spring' with Strawberry Ice Cream Flash alpha stickers to finish.
Hope you enjoyed today's tutorial :)

4 comments:

Papercrafting Princess said...

How cute and creative!

Renee said...

This is a beautiful piece and amazing that you did it all with washi tape! Your handwriting is GORGEOUS, I wish you designed stamps because I would love to have that and other words in a stamp!

Jessica Rodarte said...

I love this so much!

Tiff said...

Your canvas is so pretty!!! I wanna bust out my washi tape and use it now :)