"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Double Scoop anyone?

What would you do if you got Gelatos® in double the size? I'd use them on bigger projects I thought. Here's an 18" x 24" canvas created with Double Scoop Gelatos®, some Gesso, Gel Medium, and Glaze.

Let me show you some step photos I took while creating this canvas.


I attached some tissue paper to the canvas using Gel Medium. When dry, I applied a wash of Gesso to mute the tissue patterns a bit and to prime the surface for painting. I did a quick sketch of a bottle with a stem of flower. I used Gelatos® to create layers and layers of colors, blending each layer with Glaze till it looked close enough to what I had envisioned. I used Gel Medium to add pieces of diecuts to the bottle to make it look a bit like a vase. I also typed up my thoughts, printed them, cut them in strips and added them next to the vase. I added water to some parts after coloring with Gelatos®  and held the canvas up to let the colors drip down. Here's a closer look.


I think you'll love playing with these longer-lasting-double-the-delight Gelatos® twice as much! 
Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

katiebug92 said...

This is gorgeous, Mou! Such a great use for the Double Scoop gelatos!

Jennifer Matott (Sigmagirl) said...

so pretty!