"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Fun Holiday card with Glitz Design

This is the last week of school before the winter break and we deliver our gifts to the teachers and staff at school and our friends from the kids' old school. The gifts are wrapped and ready, tags are attached, just a few more cards to make. Here's one I did with Hello December collection from Glitz Design.
I used:
Glitz Design "Hello December" Whatnots
Glitz Design "Hello December" Stamp Tin
Glitz Design "Hello December" 12 x 12 Stickers- Titles & Accents
Glitz Design "Hello December" Washi Tape Plus
Others: cardstock, acrylic paint, thread, ink 

I wanted to make a fun and colorful artsy card. I started by attaching the washi tape as the base. I stamped the car and 'never stop believing' on cardstock. I colored the pieces with Distress ink and flicked water for the inks to react. I popped out the insides from the Happy Holidays tag and arranged the pieces as shown. I topped it off with a sticker. Finally, I stitched to add some texture. I love that the Happy Holidays Whatnot tag added instant sentiment to my card.

Here's a closer look. 
Happy Holidays to you all!

1 comment:

Laurie Leahey said...

Aww, I love how the card says "never stop believing"! so cute!