"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy

Monday, November 25, 2013

Treat Poppers with Sizzix

As we approach the Holiday season, gift giving is on our minds. We are thinking of easy and quick but cute ways of packaging those gifts and treats. I'm finding this Sizzix Bigz XL Die - Treat Popper  quite handy for packaging small treats. It is very versatile as you can personalize it for any one and any occasion. Die cut the treat popper out of seasonal or themed patterned papers or cut it out of cardstock watercolor paper and color it yourself as I did. Let me walk you through the steps.

Here are the bits and pieces I die cut out of thick cardstock using Brenda Walton's Treat Popper Bigz XL die with the Big Shot machine and extended cutting pads. I also cut out some flower pieces using Brenda Walton's Sizzlits Die - Holiday Greenery to create a gift topper.


These days, I'm inspired by mint, pink, and gold. So I colored the Treat Popper pieces with Distress ink pads Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers using an ink blending tool. I added some Barn Door Distress Ink to the pink parts for a little depth and flicked water for the Distress inks to react.


Once the inks dried, I assembled the Treat Popper. I closed off one end with some golden thread, filled the tube with treats, and then tied the other end closed the same way. You could use ribbons to tie as well. 


Next, I added some details with gold paint and white pen.


To create the topper, I colored some of the flower shapes that I diecut using Brenda Walton's Sizzlits Die - Holiday Greenery with Distress ink.


I gently rolled the petals of the flowers with my fingers to give the flower pieces a little dimension. 


I stacked the flowers and stitched a button through the center. I colored the leaf diecuts with Peeled Paint Distress ink pad and layered them at the base of the flower. I attached the flower to the Treat Popper. I stamped a label and cut it out, wrote the recipient's name on it and tucked it under the flower.

Hope you enjoyed today's tutorial and would try the Treat Popper die to make quick, cute and easy little treat holders.

No comments: