"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Take the Challenge with Mou, November 2013 at Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft

Hi everyone, Mou here and welcome to the tenth 'Take the Challenge' of 2013!
Every month, on the first Monday, I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. The following Monday, we will pick TWO winners randomly from among the readers who participated in that week's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.
November's here and we are counting our blessings as we head into the Holidays. I wanted to dedicate this month's challenge to all of you who have played along with me so far, those of you who have left encouraging comments, shared your work with us, I'm very very grateful to you! So, this month's challenge is easy peasy... show us any art project that you are currently working on.
I'm starting a new art journal. Working on the cover still with GessoGel medium, Glaze,  Gelatos,  and some patterned papers, book text, etc.
I cut up small pieces of patterned papers, book text, etc. and attached it to the chipboard cover of the book and sealed with a top coat of Gel Medium.
After the Gel Medium was thoroughly dry, I whitewashed to unite the various papers a bit using Gesso.
After the gesso dried, I added patches of color to the cover with Gelatos and blended the colors with some Glaze.
As you can see I'm nowhere near done, but it's a work in progress. I'll be sharing its progress here with you all time to time :)
Don't forget to share your challenge creations with us... just leave a comment to the challenge post with link to your project image(s) by Friday, 11/15 and we will pick TWO winners randomly to win these.
The prizes for this challenge are: Two sets of Art GRIP Aquarelles in the colors of your choice.
Don't forget to check back on Monday, 11/18  to see if YOU won!
Good luck to all!

2 comments:

Laura Turcotte said...

Yippeee---I can finally participate! I finally got me some Gelatos! This is a great challenge--your art journal is so awesome!

Milagros C. Rivera said...

Love that page of your journal!!! Already on it for the challenge, thanks!