"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Friday, June 28, 2013

Art Journaling with Sizzix

I usually make layouts with my Sizzix dies and occasionally cards. This time, I thought about my Sizzix goodies in an art journal spread...

These are the Sizzix products I used:

Sizzlits Decorative Strip Alphabet Die - Stenciled

Big Shot Machine

Here are some closer looks at the pages:


I attached the diecut Antiqua Capital Letters on the left page and the picture wheel on the right and applied a coat of gesso on top. I embossed cardstock using Eiffel Tower Texture Fade. I cut out the Fleur de lis and Eiffel Tower and attached them as shown. I also cut the remaining parts of the embossed cardstock into blocks of various sizes and added them along the right edge of the spread. I colored the pages with watercolors. I lay the Decorative Strip Alphabet Die - Stenciled negative and traced the letters and numbers with a marker. Finally, I added some journaling near the center of the spread.

Have to say it was a lot of fun using these versatile Sizzix dies on an art journal page.

2 comments:

CT Johnson said...

Breathtaking

Paula said...

love this Mou...amazing as always my friend.
paula