"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Friday, April 12, 2013

Friday with Sizzix # 2

Hi, it's Friday and I'm playing with Sizzix!

























Creating this layout was so much fun... using a little bit mixed media, cutting apart diecuts and embossed pieces, clustering them around the photo and more! Let me tell you how I did it.

















1. I embossed a piece of cream cardstock using the Texture Boutique Embossing Machine and Textured Impressions Embossing Folders-Sewing, and cut around the embossed piece to create a frame for my photo.
2. I die cut a few flowers from cardstock and an old map using BIGkick Machine and Bigz Die Flower, Daisy # 5.
3. I also die cut a music note border using Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Sheet Music.
4. I lay out the diecut flowers in a cluster to create a photo mat on the patterned paper background.
5. Then I layered the photo and the cut out embossed frame on top.
6. I cut up pieces from the sheet music border and attached them near the photo.
7. With the pieces in place, I applied some gesso below the photo and let it dry.
8. I spelled out the title using mini alpha stickers and added some floral washi tape to create contrast.
9. I journaled on the gessoed area.
10. To add a little color, I misted the embossed frame with pink Glimmer Mist and doodled around it with yellow watercolor pencil.
















11. I out lined some parts of the embossed and colored frame and die cut flowers with a black pen.
12. I machine stitched to secure the elements as well as to add texture.
13. Finally, I splattered some white and some turquoise paints on to the page making sure to safely cover the photo first.

Here's what I used to create my layout.
Supplies:
From Sizzix
Bigz Die Flower, Daisy # 5
Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die - Sheet Music
Originals Die - Heart Lock & Keys
Textured Impressions Embossing Folders 2PK - Sewing & Measuring Tape Set
BIGkick Machine
Texture Boutique Embossing Machine

Others
Cardstock: Recollections
Patterned paper: 12x12 A Type of Art Stack, Die Cuts with a View
Gesso: Golden Mediums
Acrylic paint: Sea Breeze, Deco Art; White, Plaid
Glimmer Mist: Polka Dot Pink, Tattered Angels
Mini alpha stickers: Glitz Design
Washi tape: Anna Griffin, Inc.
Aquarelle watercolor pencils, Pen: Faber Castell Design Memory Craft
Adhesive: Scotch 3M
Thread: Coats & Clark
Map

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment:

Audrey Pettit said...

Stunning layout!!