"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft 'Take the Challenge' April 2013

Hi everyone, welcome to the fourth 'Take the Challenge' of 2013!

I have started a challenge series over at the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft blog. I think you might enjoy participating in this challenge. I'll be posting the challenges here on my blog, but to win prizes you'll need to link you creations in your comments on the Design Memory Crafts blog to my challenge post.

I feel that creative challenges help us experiment and learn new things. Challenges can help us get unstuck from creative ruts. They can also inspire us to create in ways we would not have thought of otherwise. So, I decided to take a few creative challenges myself and thought you might like to play along.

Every month, on the first Monday (April turns out to be an exception as we had a blog hop starting on 4/1 and so, challenge starts today April 8th), I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. The following Monday, we will pick TWO winners randomly from among the readers who participated in that week's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.

Today I have a challenge and an announcement for you. Let's start with the challenge.

Today's challenge is about making something new from something used or old.
April is Earth month and I feel that upcycling something creatively might show a little bit of our love for our beautiful planet.

So here's my take: a journal spread using an old book and some security envelopes we got in the mail, and of course, some of my favorite Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft products.





I gesso-ed the background and let it dry. Then I cut clouds out of envelopes and attached them to the page. I outlined the clouds with Essential PITT Artist Pens BLACK and Stamper's Big White pen. I also sketched raindrops and wrote a favorite quote in block letters and colored them in with Stamper's Big Brush pens (CHROME YELLOW, LIGHT BLUE, and PINK MADDER)

Don't forget to share your challenge creations with us... just leave a comment to the challenge post at the Design Memory Craft blog with link to your project image(s) by Friday, 4/19 and we will pick TWO winners randomly to win these.
The prizes for this challenge are: TWO 3 count packs of Stamper's Big Brush Pens in the colors of your choice.

Don't forget to check back on Monday, 4/22 to see if YOU won! 

And now for the announcement! Starting April 25th, I'm teaching a 6-week online video workshop at Big Picture Classes called Get Artsy.


You will learn several different mixed media techniques in this workshop through detailed video tutorials ranging from 25-40 minutes in length. Plus there will be audio introductions, detailed handouts, and bonus inspiration every week. You'll see lots of Faber-Castell Design Memory Crafts products in action. Take advantage of the introductory class price promotion going on right now. Get details here!

Hope you play along and I look forward to seeing you in class!

2 comments:

Kelly_Deal said...

How awsome! Love what you did with those envelopes!

Teddi said...

oh you are so creative. those pages are fabulous. i took an art journaling class where she challenged us to us a business envelope, but i never thought of it as patterned paper. i'm completely inspired mou, thank you. :)