So, let's start at the beginning...
Back on Feb 22, Tim Holtz posted this amazing tutorial using his tattered floral die from Sizzix and a challenge to go with it.
On 2/27, Tammy Tutterow posted her take on her blog... goodness, my jaw dropped to the floor!!! What girl would not be happy to wear a hat like that!
Then I saw Paula's creation ... I love Paula Cheney and everything she makes :)
And Heather Smith and Richele Christensen... such different takes!
Guess what, I'm playing along too! But before you start looking, let me warn you that I have never made jewelry in my life. It's a first attempt... so instead of a tutorial, let me just show you the steps I took.
1. Using the Tattered Floral die, I cut out flowers from muslin and sorted the two smallest sizes, 15 of each.
2. I painted the flowers with Picket Fence Distress Paint to give them a bit of body.
3. Once the paint dried, I used Jet Black Archival Ink pad to stamp a saying from Curious Possibilities cling stamp set on some of the flowers.
4. I stacked the flowers into 3 sets of 5 big and 5 small flowers, and stitched them together through the center using buttons from the Accoutrements Classic set as flower centers.
5. I folded and stitched a piece of muslin to make a looped strip on which to mount the flowers to make a pendant which I then slid into a silver plated necklace.
And jewelry, no matter how novice, needs a model :)
You could take the Tattered Floral challenge too! Check out the details here.
And before you leave, there's a GIVEAWAY!!!
You could win the Tattered Floral die! Thanks to Tim, I can give away ONE die to one of my blog readers. To enter, simply leave a comment on this post by midnight March 22nd EST.
I hope you play along and good luck if you enter :)