Monday, February 04, 2013

Faber-Castell 'Take the Challenge' February 2013

Hi everyone, Mou here and welcome to the second 'Take the Challenge' of 2013!

I have started a challenge series over at the Faber Castell Design Memory Craft blog. I think you might enjoy participating in this challenge. I'll be posting the challenges here on my blog, but to win prizes you'll need to link you creations in your comments on the Design Memory Crafts blog to my challenge post.
Today, I have a challenge for you. I feel that creative challenges help us experiment and learn new things. Challenges can help us get unstuck from creative ruts. They can also inspire us to create in ways we would not have thought of otherwise. So, I decided to take a few creative challenges myself and thought you might like to play along.
Every month, on the first Monday, I'll post a challenge and my take on it. You'll have 12 days to take this on. Leave a comment to the challenge post with a link to your creation based on that challenge. The following Monday, we will pick TWO winners randomly from among the readers who participated in that week's challenge. And the winners will get a prize from Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft®.
Today's challenge is about NOSTALGIA.
Recreate Nostalgia in some form of art -- art journal, scrapbook layout, card, or anything you desire.
I created an art journal spread



using a brand new product from Faber Castell Design Memory Craft's CHA Winter 2013 release with a nostalgic vibe- 50's Diner Designer Gelatos®

And here are some detail shots of my page.


Don't forget to share your challenge creations with us... just leave a comment to this post with link to your project image(s) by Friday, 2/15 and we will pick TWO winners randomly to win these
The prizes for this challenge are: ONE pack of Aquarelle Watercolor pencils in your choice of color!
Don't forget to check back on Monday, 2/18 to see if YOU won! 
 Hope you play along! 

1 comment:

Marta Bodas said...

I like it! The composition and the colors. Congratulations for that pages.