"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy.

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

"Farm Fresh" Printable Coloring Book

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Faber-Castell Aquarelle pencils

Back in October, when I went to teach at Oh My Crafts' Discovering Possibilities event, many of the students wanted to know how to use the Aquarelle watercolor pencils. So, I have been experimenting with these pencils. Let me share with you one of the simple things I learned.
Usually, I associate palette knives with oil and acrylic paints, but I found that they work great with watercolors too.
First I colored on my art journal page with several shades of the same color.










Then spritzed it with water lightly. I blended the colors and moved them around with a few quick strokes of the palette knife.













Once the background dried, I wrote on it, stamped and embellished it.


1 comment:

erinB said...

Love it, Mou! I'll have to add these to my wish list. Is it too late to email Santa an order? ;) Merry Christmas!