Monday, January 03, 2011

You won't believe this...

Yesterday started out just as an ordinary day for us... breakfast, play, work, going out to lunch, stopping by Petsmart to see all the puppies up for adoption... ok, so far all was same old same old routine, but then... magic happened!!!
We saw Brave... the fuzzy wuzzy black poodle looked at me and I'm pretty sure he smiled...
Someone was getting him out of the cage and I thought well, he's taken... we kept looking at hamsters, birds, hermit crabs, fishes and Om kept whining that we could never get a pet all because of Nini and Nini stuck her tongue out at him and I said, 'Guys, be NICE to each other' and then we were back near the dogs and then...
The lady petting him was actually leaving WITHOUT the poodle... contrary to all my momly safety instincts, etc. I heard me saying, "Nini, would you like to pet him?" and before I heard a yes, my kids were all over the poodle who did not seem to mind at all the excited shrieks "Awww!!!", "Hey mommy, he licked me!"... and I noticed that Nini was not swelling up, she was still breathing, not choking, not itchy... I mechanically pulled the cell phone out to call Ashis to come in to take a look and did not even notice that the phone was out of battery...
Then, I did another unthinkable thing... I told the Adoption lady to watch over my kids while I go get their dad... she was more than happy and the kids did not notice I was gone and I ran like a mad woman across the lot and grabbed the surprised man out of his car and pulled and pushed him into the pet store muttering gibberish explanantions through the process...
After the questions that needed to be asked and completing adoption papers and shopping for the essentials, we drove home... and without further gibberish, meet my youngest ... BRAVE :)

























Thanks to all of you who gave me suggestions about what kind of dog might be safe for Nini... we did it!
... and life is never going to be the same again :)

2 comments:

Heather said...

Aww, congratulations on your new addition :)

Lowri said...

LOVE all your work and love this story too! Dogs are an amazing addition to any family - Congratulations on your new family member!
Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/