Thursday, January 13, 2011

My Glitz Design Layouts for January

Do you love to find patterns in papers that you can cut out to make a big embellishment? I do! I also love black and white photos. So, I combined my love for both in the layout “Always Remember to Dream”.

























I cut out a section of the black and white floral patterned paper and nestled my also black & white photo into it. To dress up the cut out, I applied glitter glue to some of the petals and let dry. Once it was dry, I gently curled the petals of some of the flowers.




















I added giant pink rhinestones to create the flower centers.




















To create the title, I cut out a sticker to suit my page.



















To finish the page, I journaled around the photo.
"Always Remember to Dream" supplies: Glitz Design "Hoopla" papers: Pipework, Floral; Glitz Design "Scarlett" Titles cardstock stickers; Glitz Design giant rhinestones: pink

Now, if you don’t have a girl to scrap about in your life or if you don’t like to scrap boy photos with flowers, here’s something that’s more masculine, more streamlined and more energetic.
























I did a simple clean grid design. I stamped onto patterned paper with musical notes, hounds tooth and book print stamps, punched them out with square punches and arranged them as shown. To add a little color, I stitched them down with embroidery floss.




















Added a giant black rhinestone




















Added a message using the mini alphabet stickers





















Added title and journaling to finish.



















"Sing Laugh Smile" supplies: Glitz Design "Scarlett" papers: Polka; Glitz Design "Love Nest" papers: Block; Glitz Design "Distressing Set 2" clear stamps; Glitz Design "Scarlett" Titles cardstock stickers; Glitz Design giant rhinestones: black; Glitz Design Teeny Alpahs: ivory block
Thanks and have fun!

2 comments:

Lea L. said...

These are so wonderful, Mou! I love the cut outs and use of the giant rhinestones on the first layout. And the colors and stitching are so fab on the second! So happy to have you on the Glitz Design team!

KateB said...

love both...am a big fan of handcutting!