"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My very FIRST Etsy Sale

was this morning :)

THANK YOU Barbara B. This was actually her second purchase from me. She bought my "My Wish For You" kit earlier even before I set up shop at Etsy.

So, I had been busy having fun making this journal that explores my introduction to Halloween and how I grew fond of it over the years... I loaded it with various textures. Textures together with the bold colors and elegant yet whimsical elements made it my favorite instantly and I left it out on the living room coffe table :)

Then I thought about my long-neglected Etsy shop and wondered if this could be a kit. It wasn't easy to find or replicate every little element I used in my own book-the hand stamping, misting, embossing, altering, sanding, layering and cutting tiny strips of foam tape to add dimension to layered elements... all that punching and die-cutting and stamping and cutting and stitching have my wrist hurting! But I'm happy with how it turned out... every thing is handmade and ready waiting for creative hands :)

No comments: