Wednesday, October 21, 2009

This time of the year

is magical especially if you are lucky to live in a place where change of seasons are apparent or like us who manage a few days to get away to such a place... we took off last Thursday in our car toward the Smoky Mountains for a few colorful days. Usually, that works out quite wonderfully, but this time there was a twist in the story.
I had been feeling a chest cold since about the Sunday before (11th). Thought it would just pass with some Sudafed and Tylenol. Things started to get a little annoying when the coughing started, so I added Delsym to my list. By Wednesday, I could feel the need of a doctor. The PCP office was closed on Thursday and I decided I'll see her as soon as we get back.
Thursday morning, I woke up and got Nini ready for school and put her in the bus. Got a call from her school in an hour that she needs to be taken home as she had a slight fever. Ashis, who was on his way to work, turned back and picked her up. Took her to see the pediatrician and he said no streps or flu...just a little under the weather, so no meds unless things worsen.
I was dubious about leaving home, but Ashis said all will be fine. So we left.
We were not getting better and the colder weather wasn't helping. By Friday evening,Om complained about sore throat... things were only going downhill and we were already in the middle of the trip. Saturday, it SNOWED!!! Ashis who was taking care of us and driving was exhausted and kept saying, he felt cold. So I insisted we just get back home a day early and we did.
Monday, we went to our doctor and each of us got checked for everything again. We are negative on flu, swine flu, strep throat, ear infection...which is AWESOME!!! But this viral is killing us :(
I'm so behind on everything now. It would take weeks to catch up, that is if everything only gets better from hereon. So, please send us good health vibes... we are desparate!!!
And because you listened, here's a little share. Did it before falling sick.



This is with the November Cocoa Daisy kit. Check out the kit here:
http://www.cocoadaisy.com/blog/everyday/2227/are-you-ready-for-the-november-kit-and-a-chance-to-win/

To comment on your comments, I want to say THANKS for your kind comments:)
Artemis Jamaica, I'm super excited to be part of Elizabeth's book too.
Heidi, I e-mailed you girl. Talk to you soon.
Marlene, welcome to my blog. I'm in Tampa and you can check back here time to time for some upcoming crop info. I don't belong to any cropping group because I can hardly keep up with the changing needs of my family and if I add anything more the plate will drop :)

Have a happy week :)

3 comments:

The Lonely Scrapbooker said...

gorgeous layout!
get better soon!

Heidi E. said...

Beautiful Layout!

Sherri P eh said...

Hope you all feel better soon. Isn't being sick a big waste of time?!