Friday, October 23, 2009

Something I'm working on

Usually, I share only finished projects on my blog. But there's something I cannot complete just yet, but also can not wait to share. So here it goes, my work in progress Holiday Journal. I was inspired by Ali Edward's December Daily, but never actually did anything like that before. My journal will span more than 25 days of December as our celebrations begin by the third week of November with our anniversary. Also, we do not celebrate Thanksgiving or Christmas traditionally as we are not Christians. But when you live in a country where you are exposed to various religious and cultural festivities, you tend to adapt and create your own new family traditions. We do not eat turkey, but do count our blessings. We put up Christmas trees and decorate and feast and celebrate my hubby's birthday which happens to be on the 25th of December. What we celebrate most is the rare time we all get to spend together. It is not always a perfectly happy time because sometimes there are differences of opinion and disagreements over small things between us and the kids... but we'd rather pout and be together than be 100% at peace yet lonely. So, here it is - a place to record all the reasons for pouting and smiling this year :)


See that sticker on the cover, that's actually a snow globe!!! Cute isn't it? I can't stop shaking the page, he he :)They are from K & Company and are called Snow Globe Stickers.



The cardstocks are all by American Crafts and I trimmed them to 5x7 pieces. The patterned papers are from the Brenda Walton Evergreen Mat Pad. The colors are rich!The chipboard numbers and letters are foiled and vintage and comes with a variety of other shapes like Santa, snowman, etc. and the best part is that they are reversible!These are also from K & Company.



Take a closer look. That's a stamp. Look again, do you see the 'hidden' images. Everytime I look, I see something I had missed before. This one's my MOST FAVORITE of the good old-fashioned wood-mount rubber stamp collection by Inkadinkado.



I still haven't figured out how to bind the pages. If I can't figure something nice, I'll have to use loose leaf rings. I have some charms I want to add to this book too. This one's gonna keep me busy for a bit :)and a huge thanks to EK Success for sending me all these lovely new goodies to play with.

You guys have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jen said...

I'm here to tell you that no family would be normal if there was no pouting or disagreements through the holidays!
Lovely book. I love that tree stamp.

Helen Tilbury said...

Wilna has a great video tutorial up on Ali's blog for binding...love the snowglobe!