Friday, May 22, 2009

Disconnected

...yeah! That's what we were this week. Monday morning, a storm hit the area and it rained cats and dogs and then come evening, power went out just after I had put the meat to cook on the stove. We waited with flickering candles and scared children with no drinking water and no phone... Eventually, I went outside and fired up the gas grill and finished cooking out in the dark, windy, cold and wet patio. After a while, the power came back but FIOS was down which means still no phone, no cable and no internet. That did not come back up without professional intervention which took many many many hours. When things seemed to have returned to normal, power went out again. This time things were not as slow as the first... still!!!
The best part in all this, I cleaned up three rooms...got organized! Took the time to read a magazine. Watched several movies. Finished an album. Makes me think if I really need to check my e-mails that often!!!

Deana, I still haven't heard from you, so please email me with your addy :)

For those who didn't win the book, here's a chance to win some brand new releases from Piggy Tales. here are the details.

"Last call to leave a comment on our blog and you'll be entered in a contest to win our entire Spring 09 release! A random drawing will take place on Friday, May 22nd, so make sure you leave your comment before Friday, 12pm PST!

AND...Grand prize winner will also receive a free year magazine subscription to Scrapbook & Cards Today.

To check out all of Piggy Tales products visit our website at www.piggytales.com!"

Hurry and remember that you need to leave a comment on their blog for a chance to win
http://www.piggytales.typepad.com/

1 comment:

The Lonely Scrapbooker said...

So if you don't hear from Deana can I get the book instead? I REALLY want it... .

I once organized thousands of photos during a hurricane... great way of using otherwise "down" time effectively!