Tuesday, September 09, 2008

So, I'm thinking



of painting the rooms in the house. I think they can use a fresh coat. It's not too bad considering we are raising two 'creative' kids in the house... well, at least the walls held up better than the carpet which we had been replacing room by room with laminate flooring for some time now. I do get these big ideas, but then get daunted... it's a LOT of work if we do it ourselves. And the thought of hiring professionals after the previous stair renovation episode is quite alarming. Moreover, the first time around, we had the freedom of choosing whatever colors, but now it will need sanding, priming and then painting... well!!!
All these thoughts take me nowhere, so I'll just go downstairs, make myself some tea, curl up with a book and my son... with my swollen wrist and aching fingers, I don't think, I'll be able to do much of anything else today.
And thanks for the birthday wishes... looks like I share a birthday with quite a few of you and your relatives... well, a belated happy birthday to you too :)

3 comments:

DawnW said...

Hope your hands are better. The painting of a room (or rooms) is such a pain, but so worth it in the end. This is a good time to do it too, at least in my neck of the woods. FLorida might not be,.

Love your layouts.

Marfa said...

Belated birthday wishes to you! I'm so sorry to hear your hands are still bothering you. Do they think it will ever get completely better or at least not hurt?

Aida Haron, Singapore said...

Happy Birthday Mou !! Love the layouts and I've just finished *WOW-ING* Ali E's book and your layouts !

Aida