Friday, September 26, 2008

Sing with me

"Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Nini
Happy Birthday to YOU!"
Yes, my litttle girl turned 6 today...
And Om and I got to spend part of the day with her class as it was Culture Day and parents were welcome to join in. So, we cut her birthday cake for the class around snack time in the morning after the Unity Circle. She was so excited she stayed up late and woke up early this morning... excitement was partly for the birthday and partly for being allowed to dress all fancy for Culture Day... the signs of exhaustion were apparent around playtime when she got upset that all her friends wanted to play with her bro... the pout lasted a good half an hour till lunch. When she started fussing, Om ran to the teacher and asked for help... he figured out all by himself that mom is not in-charge in a school setting and the teacher is the boss man... He did not complain, he asked very politely, ' Can you help? My sister Anusha Nini is crying... pease!' (and, no I did not misspell that :) I was just watching the whole drama unfold and the roles each of the kids involved assumed... play is such a clear giveaway of personalities! Anywhoo, she got over it soon enough and it was back to hugs and kisses, roses and sunshine once again in their little world and amidst cheers and claps they beat open the pinata with the help of Trey's dad.
We are ready to go out for dinner now and looking forward to a fun evening!

4 comments:

The Lonely Scrapbooker said...

Hi Mou. Just saying hi. I'm a huge fan of yours. I love your work. It's much more than scrapbooking, it truly is art.
Will you do a book? I hope so!

bananafish said...

I can't believe I've never come across your blog before or that i'm writing this at 1:23 am...ugh...I'm just thrilled that I found you.

I too am a huge fan. I love your work. you are by far one of my favorite scrapbookers...i also want you to write a book:)

-france

Rita said...

Happy belated b-day to your sweet little girl! Sounds like a wonderful day!

Mandy said...

Hi Mou,
Ilove your work and would for you to write a book!
Happy belated Birthday Anusha!
I also wanted to share that my daughter Teagan was born on September 26,2002 @ 9:32pm it's hard to believe how fast the last 6 years has gone. Anyhoo glad I found your blog!