Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Incredible

Today, I was reading all the comments again... so emotionally overwhelming to see so many of you taking the time to visit and leave comments on our blogs. Thank you for sharing your favorite food with me... as I read, I kept saying, "Oh That's my favorite too", "I think I want some now"...very appetizing posts...lol

And Wilna, saying thank you won't be adequate for your thoughfulness... you are someone I look up to not just for your art, but for who you are.

Having a family thousands of miles away is not great, specially, when you hear they are sick. Not one, not two but three people are very sick. my grandma, mom's mom is deteriorating every day. One of my uncles has been diagnosed with a brain tumor which could be fatal if operated on. And the dearest one of all, my mom suddenly blacked out in the drug store yesterday morning... then almost got electrocuted while working in the kitchen in the evening. Thankfully, the electrician came immediately to fix the problem. The girl who helps out with housework came back this morning, so hopefully things will get back under control. Yesterday was very rough for mom. Usually, she tells me all's well so I don't worry, but I can feel the sense of discomfort even when noone says anything. I had been miserable all day feeling stupid and useless

On a more positive note, Nini got her Orange Belt in Karate. She brought home the board she broke for the test signed by her teacher. No broken board is more precious to me than this one.

Om is going to turn two in two days. Already?

5 comments:

Ramona said...

Hi Mou, I'm so sorry to hear about your family. Luckily my family lives only 200 miles away, which feels like next door compared to yours... I'm waiting anxiously for the announcement of the MM Idol. When I got up this am, I turned on the computer, but it only said announcement will be made in the afternoon. Which will be in the middle of the night for me again...I know, only one can winn, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all three of you, since you all are very special and talented ladies.

Jenny said...

I'm sorry to hear about your family. I too know how hard it is to be far away when your family is sick.

Rita said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your family being sick. I know it's so hard to be far away. Congrats to Nini on her orange belt! Hope you have a better day -- sending big hugs your way --

Lacintha said...

Hello dearest...so sorry to hear about your family back home
I can identify since ALL our family is all the way over in S.A and we've had similar issues recently...

Big Hugs to you...and you know I'm sitting here all excited waiting for the big announcement today ;)

Shalini said...

Mou, I feel for you when you talk about your family being so far away...I hope things work out for your family.
Congrats to Nini, can't wait to see a borad breaking LO (he...he...he...)
All the best with MM idol.