"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover

"No Place Like Home" A Fresh Coloring Book for the Home Lover
This Coloring Book was featured in the TV show Make It Artsy

Monday, March 26, 2007

MMIdol Voting Today

So, these are my projects for MM Idol Challenge # 4. The theme is party. And the challenge is to create something unique, use regular supplies in a unique way.
I chose the theme "BLOOM" ... you are invited to Bloom. It is a gardening party where guests and hosts plant seeds in pots to welcome Spring and to create a greener Earth. This theme is so close to my heart. Digging moist warm earth and watching seeds sprout is my favorite Spring activity. Now, my kiddos are hooked too. So, I took a picture of Nini holding up some seeds right before potting them and used it in my invitation.
The party decor was the most innovative idea on my part. I created a wind chime, yep, a working windchime, using Spring chipboard shapes, ribbon, flowers, brads, clips and mailbox letters. It was way hard to photograph as the breeze kept blowing it around...and then, I said to myself, hey, that's what it's supposed to do. I am very happy with the way it sounds when the mailbox letters touch each other and it really CHIMES...lol.
I can hook it above the potting table out of dirt's way also to make more room on the table or hang a few of them from shepherd's hooks or tree branches during the party and hope that it doesn't rain...lol.
It was difficult to photograph the windchime. Ashis helped. He held up a board to block the wind a bit. But you get the idea.
I planned the party favors to encourage guests to garden as well. I made each guest a potting/gardening journal/log to save the details of potting day, 1st sprouts, sun/shade requirement, watering schedule, etc. I put this with a couple of seed packets and pen in a small pail which I embellished to match.
Thanks to Making Memories, I pushed myself creatively...it is kinda satisfying to see how differently I have come to use my scrapbooking supplies. Once again, please visit http://www.makingmemories.com/mmidol/index.cfm and vote.And if you are voting for me, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH


Cami said...

what a great reason to have a party :) lovely work Mou - good luck!

Suzanne said...

Totally beautiful, love all the paintwork, very artistic. Best wishes with the voting.

Rita said...

This is so great Mou ~ I love the way you did the windchimes! Good luck -- you're awesome!

Heather C said...

Top 10 Mou! Congrats!