Monday, March 19, 2007

MMIdol Voting Today


Ok, so here is my project for Challenge#3 of MMIdol. We were restricted to basics. And I didn't even use everything that was allowed...lol. It was a lot of fun. This one is a 16x20 poster that I created with 2 pieces of 8.5x11 cardstock, patterned papers, rub-ons, stickers, trims, buttons, different styles of brads and multicolored Zig Writers. I pulled everything together with my free hand drawing. After a very long time, I created something without using paint. But I love the feel of whimsy. Hope you will feel the same way. Thanks to Making Memories, I pushed myself creatively...it is kinda satisfying to see how differently I have come to use the basics now.
Once again, please visit http://www.makingmemories.com/mmidol/index.cfm and vote.
And if you are voting for me, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

On the Health front, things are are still not looking good. I have blood work scheduled. I have a nagging feeling that I will be diagnosed to be diabetic. All the symptoms are there. It would take a miracle to avoid that. Oh man, I hate to prick myself several times each day to check my status, and that makes writing or stitching so much harder. I know this from my days of gestational diabetes. Eek!!!

Today, Ashis is pre-registering Nini for preK at Primrose. We missed the cutoff for the county schools. She's under age, but we didn't want to waste a whole year... man, I'm gonna bawl now...only yesterday, we brought her home from the hospital, 6 puny lbs. of pure blessing and now school's starting...and before I know, time will escape me and she'll be all grown up. I have no clue how I am ever gonna handle that.

9 comments:

Amber said...

Mou, it's breathtaking:) Great job, I love everything you've done! Rootin for ya girl!

Kimberly Kwan said...

Mou...this is pure magic!
It took my breath away when I saw it on the MM site!

Your style has come into its own and it is MAGICAL! Bravo! I am a big fan!

ScrapScene said...

Beautiful job - love that dress!

Chris Millar said...

Wow!! This is fantastic Mou!!! Love everything about it!! Best of luck mate!

Chit Chat From Divagirlrn said...

I love this! I saw your work on the MM idol site and your work is amazing! You definitely got my vote! You're an inspiration and an amazingly talented woman!


Rolana

Vanessa Reynoso said...

What great style. This looks like it was a lot of fun to create...

Kataroo said...

Incredible work!!

Suzanne said...

This is just so incredibly WOW! totally awe-inspiring. I think you are through as a cert this week!

Cami said...

congrats on the top 15 Mou! cool project girl! Are we ever going to celebrate? Hope you feel better soon!