Let me share with you something I made with the new Jumbo Tattered Florals die (659441).
Sizzix Jumbo Tattered Florals die (659441) by Tim Holtz
Sizzix extended cutting pads.
Distress Ink pad Worn Lipstick, Ripe Persimmon, Barn Door, Peeled Paint, and Shabby Shutters by Ranger
Ink blending tool by Ranger
Tim Holtz Idea-ology Tissue Tape Sketch Book
Archival Jet Black ink pad by Ranger
Stampers Anonymous CMS155 Simple Sayings
Thread, needle, button, wrapping paper, gift box
Here are the steps:
1. Diecut Jumbo Tattered Florals out of white cardstock using Sizzix Big Shot Machine and extended cutting pads.
2. Color the floral pieces using various Distress inkpads and ink blending tool.
3. Flick water with a paint brush for the distress inks to react.
4. When dry, curl the edges of the floral pieces with your fingers pressing gently.
5. Stack the pieces together and stitch a button through the middle.
6. Color the leaf pieces, flick water, let dry, and fold the leaves along their centers. Attach them to the flower as shown.
7. Wrap a gift box with paper. Secure the fold with tissue tape.
8. Wrap some thread around your palm loosely, take it off and lay it down on the wrapped gift box. Secure thread with a bit of tissue tape.
9. Attach the jumbo flower near the left edge of the box.
10. Stamp a label and a saying in it and tuck it under the flower.
And here's a closer look
Hope you enjoyed the mini tutorial and are excited about creating with this Jumbo Tattered Florals die. Just think of the possibilities :)